The MP5 is one of the most commonly used submachine guns in the world. It has been utilized by various military, law enforcement, intelligence and security organizations. In the 1990s, Heckler & Koch created the Heckler & Koch UMP, the MP5′s successor, and both remain in production. Work on the MP5 began in 1964 and two years later it was adopted by the German Federal Police, border guard and army special forces.
- Category: Full Automatic
- Country of Origin: Germany
- Caliber: 9mm
- Action: Roller delayed blowback, closed bolt
- Rate of Fire: 700 rpm
- Muzzle Velocity: 1300 feet per second
- Effective Range: 50-75 ft.
* Also available in a .22 long rifle